Tuesday, November 21, 2006

And This One Time, At Band Camp


I tried to make another appointment to donate blood today, but they were booked. I could’ve wandered down to the Red Cross after work and hung around until an appointment was open, but I had to pick up the girls at daycare by 6:00, and there was no guarantee I would be back in time. Let me clarify when I say ‘the girls were at daycare”. We don’t have human children. I’m referring to our two lab/heeler mutts going to doggie daycare. It’s just occurred to me that I’ve officially become a yuppie. Not that I’m any more or less a yuppie than I was, say, a year or two ago, it’s all just become more apparent now. But hey-- least I make my own café latte at home on the Via Veneto instead of buying Starbucks. Wait….

We got a maid service for the house, too. We haven’t even tied the knot yet and it has already saved our marriage. We really don’t have anything to argue about anymore---we have come full circle. We’re only in a year deep and nothing to bicker about. This could get interesting.

Thanksgiving is only two days away and it’s 63 degrees outside. Now that is phenomenal. Oh, and worth mentioning is that we almost had a random crisis today. Our travel agent emailed to tell us there was a glitch with our honeymoon itinerary. As I scanned the email in an almost full-on panic, I relaxed as I realized what the problem was. Apparently, New Zealand Air has changed their scheduled flights in and out of Rarotonga to certain days of the week. As a result, we will have to stay an extra day and night in paradise. Needless to say, we are both crushed.

Finally, as I write I must mention that a large brown dog is snoring in my ear. We are talking full on lumberjack chainsaw next to my head. She sure is cute, though. The dog is on the couch, while I sit on the floor. So yeah, I’m a yuppie. Sue me. And then go fetch some bottled water for me and the pooch.

No comments:

What you"re reading...

We met in 05, married in 07, and now just three months after that wedding we are going through yet another life change. We are both working for the Best Friends Animal Society, and living in Kanab. This is our story.

Check out our Flickr Photostream!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from jon_dunn. Make your own badge here.

Contributors