Friday, June 22, 2007

A Zillion Degrees

I’m still in Kanab as Jon rounds out his second week at Best Friends. I haven’t seen him this energized in months. While I think his job anchoring the news was very suitable for him, I don’t think it was all that interesting to him by the time he decided to move on. I have yet to begin my two weeks but at this point am scheduled to begin July 2nd. We are driving to SLC tomorrow and will be there through the week. Jon has a few meetings up there so he is going to work from home which will be nice since he can help me pack things up in the evenings. We have a mover scheduled to come on Saturday and haul it all down to Kanab. It will probably cost a small fortune, but we need the help and hopefully it will not be an expense we will need to shell out for again any time soon.

The girls are easing into life here in Kanab. They are still suffering anxiety when separated from us; me in particular. They are ok with Jon but they prefer me I think. I am, after all, the momma. We have been moving around from motels to rentals and whatnot and they just don’t get it. Kona had an anxiety episode at daycare the day we left, and she has been a little off since then but seems to be doing better. The other day I went out to my truck to get something out of the front seat. Understand, it is 8 zillion degrees outside, and probably 9 zillion inside the truck. They both hopped in the back seat and wouldn’t get out. I had to coerce them for about 5 minutes, and actually physically lift Kona out (bad leg) but that’s how confused they are. Poor babies. I think they will adjust in time, though. They are such great companions.

No comments:

What you"re reading...

We met in 05, married in 07, and now just three months after that wedding we are going through yet another life change. We are both working for the Best Friends Animal Society, and living in Kanab. This is our story.

Check out our Flickr Photostream!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from jon_dunn. Make your own badge here.

Contributors