Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Reception Booked - Dress Hunt On

We booked our reception site last week. It's beautiful and we are really pleased. It was our first choice. We looked at some different things on the web and talked to a lot of people about various venues, but ultimately when it came down to making the decision, this was our number one choice, so we went with it. Despite the expense, we threw (monetary) caution to the wind and just did it. I don't think we'll regret it. We will still need to meet with our caterer and go over menus, but we have a couple of months to fiddle with that since we also still need to fine tune our guest list.

Now, if I could just find that dress. Incidentally,
Rachael and I both found dresses we like. We've been exchanging pictures, and boy do we have good taste! We could have a small fleet of Harley Davidsons for the combined sum of our dresses. Whoops....we are both still looking.

I've been looking online and in the yellow pages for local dressmakers, seamstresses and tailors. Perhaps they are a dying breed, because there just aren't very many listed or advertised. However, I think I've found one I really like. AND her online portfolio showcases a handful of dresses similar to the expensive designer one I am in love with. Even if I purchase one from a Bridal Boutique, I could have her alter it to my specifications, thereby making it a unique piece indeed. Yeah! Now we're getting somewhere.

No comments:

What you"re reading...

We met in 05, married in 07, and now just three months after that wedding we are going through yet another life change. We are both working for the Best Friends Animal Society, and living in Kanab. This is our story.

Check out our Flickr Photostream!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from jon_dunn. Make your own badge here.

Contributors