Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Another Christmas

Another successful Christmas and we are more spoiled than ever. How fortunate we are to have our families and our comfortable life, the animals, and all our friends.

We’ve become addicted to the Nintendo Wii game system. I have a new iPod Nano. Fun times. The coffee table is littered with miscellaneous electronic components. Wires, adapters, USB cables and whatnot. Apparently I’ve turned into some sort of techno gearhead in my old age. Now that we are running the NMHPU myspace page, I’ve even dabbled in a little html coding. Now that’s amazing considering I’m the only person I know who failed college algebra more than once. Ouch.

Oh, and I ended up gathering a small cache of furniture, household items, toys and clothes for the refugee family in need from my prior post. That and about $275 in cash for purchasing other basic items while they get on their feet. My father told me how proud he was that I was spearheading such an endeavor. I told him that my motivation was the hope that, should I ever be in such a position, that others might in turn help me out if they could. Warmth, shelter, and basic items with which to nourish a family.

That is the true meaning of Christmas
.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Errrr honey.....I failed College Algebra twice...

Anonymous said...

And I only took it twice, otherwise I am sure I would have failed it again

:D

What you"re reading...

We met in 05, married in 07, and now just three months after that wedding we are going through yet another life change. We are both working for the Best Friends Animal Society, and living in Kanab. This is our story.

Check out our Flickr Photostream!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from jon_dunn. Make your own badge here.

Contributors