Sunday, August 13, 2006

Fore!

Today was my first official day as a golfer. Well, okay not exactly. We ordered a set of ladies' hybrid clubs on eBay for about $150. They arrived yesterday and we took them to the course today and I got to whallop a bucket of balls. Jon's group played at the Sleepy Ridge links course in Orem, UT. It was nice--cool & breezy in the morning but by 2:00 it was roasting. I tagged along for 18 holes with the usual gang, and then Jon & I headed over to the driving range. I suppose I did all right for a novice. Smacked a couple pretty well, missed several times, skimmed some heads, sliced a few, and so on. Next week is the company tournament (scramble) and I suppose I'll be in good enough shape for that. I am hoping to make it to the range again some night this week, so hopefully that helps.

I am currently stalking a pair of golf shoes in eBay. I guess not a lot of women golfers purchase things on eBay because it is certainly one category I have discovered where you can still get really good deals on things. I asked Jon why seemingly all golf shoes in general are so ugly. He was offended at first, and then sort of laughed & shrugged his shoulders. I guess you don't feel like an expert unless you're sporting hideously ugly shoes. Go figure.

After we left Orem we went by the Old Mill pro shop and got Jon a new golf bag. Week before last he competed in a Farmer's Insurance tournament on behalf of KSL and his team came in 2nd place. For it he won a large trophy (which I still have not seen--it's apparently his new office decor) and a $75 gift certificate for the pro shop. Since he didn't need anything at the time he stashed the certificate. Today he realized that I would need a golf bag, so I have now inherited his, and he has in turn acquired a beauty of a new Titleist bag from the proshop for $100 with the certificate discounted. It was an all around win for all.

1 comment:

Holly B. said...

Tell me they're not assimilating you!!!

What you"re reading...

We met in 05, married in 07, and now just three months after that wedding we are going through yet another life change. We are both working for the Best Friends Animal Society, and living in Kanab. This is our story.

Check out our Flickr Photostream!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from jon_dunn. Make your own badge here.

Contributors