Tuesday, March 06, 2007

February 23, 2007

Okay, so I have been a total slack ass as of late, but there has been so much going on. Wedding fever over here, the Trolley shootings (total bummer) and last but not least, my office move. The Trolley thing is just awful. So awful that I'm not going to comment. If you want to know about it, click here (KSL).

But today? Today was the big day; the big move. What a mess. I have been weeding out files and papers and so forth from my office little by little over the last several weeks. I threw away two large garbage bags full of CRAP, and brought home about as much, and I STILL think I had more boxes of shit than anyone else. I threw away many of my extraneous personal items, so believe it or not most of the stuff was actual work stuff. Yes, contrary to popular belief, I do actually work when I'm at work.

New office. Very nice Parleys Way locale. Mountain views, large windows. I am with the small lot in the basement offices, tucked away behind row upon row of shelves of city directories and storage files. At first I was a little irked to be shoved away in the basement, but upon further consideration, I think I actually made out better than many of the jokers upstairs. It's fairly large, quiet, right by the bathroom (which I only have to share with one other gal) and I still have an entire wall of window. Still, I couldn't help but feel just a teensy bit like the character Milton in the Mike Judge flick, "Office Space". If you've never seen it, you must go now, immediately and buy, rent, borrow, whatever. Do it. Especially if you work or have ever worked in an office environment. You will laugh your ass off, I guarantee it. So I'll just be mumbling to myself in the basement preparing my new coversheet to the TPS reports. I don't have a red stapler, but something can be arranged. My stapler is actually black, but it IS a Swingline…(the last two sentences will only make sense if you've seen the movie)….

Bridal portraits tomorrow. Early nail appt., then hair & makeup, then the shoot. Definitely not a typical excursion for me. I am by far more comfortable BEHIND the camera, but I think I can manage. I can't believe we are only a month out. Can we go to the Cook Islands already?

So after a full week of work, full day of moving, I am beat and I'm off to chill with the dogs and cats. Ciao.

No comments:

What you"re reading...

We met in 05, married in 07, and now just three months after that wedding we are going through yet another life change. We are both working for the Best Friends Animal Society, and living in Kanab. This is our story.

Check out our Flickr Photostream!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from jon_dunn. Make your own badge here.

Contributors