Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Vacation.....ya right.

Whoever said Animal Welfare isn't sexy?

I joined the Army some years ago, and I truly did get to see the world. I spent a year in Korea among other places. Exotic.

Tomorrow however I leave for a place I have always dreamed of seeing.

Death Valley.

Yes, that's right, don't be jealous. I am off to see a lady who needs some help raising money for her Burro (Donkey) Rescue. It's actually an interesting story believe it or not.

If you want the back story click here to see a story I wrote on the issue.

I first head to Vegas to pick up a couple of colleagues heading in from Salt Lake, and then we drive for the desert. Doesn't sound like it will be a long stay in Death Valley. Thank god, 'cause I am not sure this fat kid could handle it.

After that I have some stuff to do in Vegas, and then home hopefully by Saturday.

Then next week is Salt Lake (leaving Wednesday). I am helping organize a Super Adoption in Vegas, so they want me at the Salt Lake event to take part and observe. Should be good, firstly I could use the info. I know so little about what I am doing in this job. I can take the knowledge whenever offered.

Secondly I will get to see Jaime's folks, my friend Scotty. Even another friend Ben says he wants to hang out so it should be a good week!

And THEN, come the 22nd, I am off to Chicago. But not like the pretty waterfront Windy City...oh no...the GHETTO.

We have a guy there that works with kids to stop them from getting into bad shit, including dog fighting. He is rescuing dogs, and he does work for us, so we are helping him with several projects (which I will be helping to organize).

So yeah, join animal welfare, see the world.

No comments:

What you"re reading...

We met in 05, married in 07, and now just three months after that wedding we are going through yet another life change. We are both working for the Best Friends Animal Society, and living in Kanab. This is our story.

Check out our Flickr Photostream!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from jon_dunn. Make your own badge here.

Contributors