Friday, November 09, 2007

That's Life.......(and radio)

I wasn't happy at my previous job. It was a whole host of reasons, and I think really I just needed a change from radio. That being said there were certainly other factors about the situation at that time that just made my workplace an uncomfortable place to be.

I wasn't the only one that felt that way, others also did not like the environment and made their decisions to leave. In fact it was enough of the original team that people would mention to me that the show just wasn't the same. Now it really won't be the same.

The show's host, Michael Castner, of E! and KFI fame was fired yesterday I guess. The show from inception had been funded seperately by a generous grant from the board. Now that money was up, and they said that the show needed to make its own money and survive. The "official" word is that it was budget reasons that he was let go. I will say one thing, the show won't be the same without him. No matter what happened he was good at what he did.

Apparently though, he doesn't have any love for me....

Check out Frost's blog at the City Weekly....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jon! Holy cow! I can't believe they actually fired him! Well...that's the media business I guess. You and Holly were great, and I'll always remember you two as part of my radio family, even if we aren't counted as Nightsiders by some.

Anonymous said...

Aw Jon...........SMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCHS!

The Missing Michael Castner

PS...how do you know it is really me? your wife made us a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner. Now THATS love.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the awful news Jon, I cannot believe it. That's so sad, I loved Michael and what he did for Nightside was great. I've been listening since it started. Yea, it's really not the same.

Jaime said...

We're all very sad to hear that the show will not ever be the same. :-(

On a happier note, I'd like to invite everyone (esp. Anonymous commenter #1)to Kanab for Thanksgiving....but no turkey skin this year....just Tofurkey!

PS-
and pie
and wine
and homemade beer

PS x2-
no flying casseroles

What you"re reading...

We met in 05, married in 07, and now just three months after that wedding we are going through yet another life change. We are both working for the Best Friends Animal Society, and living in Kanab. This is our story.

Check out our Flickr Photostream!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from jon_dunn. Make your own badge here.

Contributors