Monday, January 07, 2008

Iceman

Happy New Year to All. I hope your 2007 was spectacular, and that your 2008 is even more blessed.

A few exciting things. For starters, I am working on a new project for the Community Programs & Services Division at Best Friends. It will be a lot of minute details and data tracking…tedious perhaps, but I am so well suited for this type of gig, it’s really quite fitting. It will be just like having all my old probate cases, but the cases will instead be centered around special project plans. I am looking forward to the new challenge.


Another exciting thing…tonight I went back to Jen’s yoga class. I must say she is quite adept at the whole exercise thing. Even at 7 mos pregnant and with a slightly swollen belly she is like this beautifully graceful swan….and then there’s me, the grunting elephant in the corner, sweating like a pig. Oh well. At least I went. I have a sinking suspicion that I’m not going to have much mobility over then next few days.

I just watched my dog (Moki) who is not really a fan of water, roll around on her back doing a snow angel in the back yard. So that was a fine treat.


And finally, but not least of important. Our friend and favorite Betta fish, Iceman passed on over the rainbow bridge to the big pond in the sky. He was a gift from me to Jon on his birthday in 2005. The life expectancy of such a fish is only a year or two. So I guess he lived a long and hopefully happy life. We adore him and will miss him.



REST IN PEACE ICEMAN ~ 2005 - 2008 ~ YOU WILL BE MISSED DEAR FRIEND

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

to the big pond in the sky. i love that. sounds like he was loved.

What you"re reading...

We met in 05, married in 07, and now just three months after that wedding we are going through yet another life change. We are both working for the Best Friends Animal Society, and living in Kanab. This is our story.

Check out our Flickr Photostream!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from jon_dunn. Make your own badge here.

Contributors