Sunday, July 15, 2007

The Oven

For starters, I haven’t blogged recently because

a) we have been in the process of moving and things have been nuts

b) we haven’t had internet access until 3 days ago

c) I’m freaking tired.

It’s been over 100 degrees every day for the past two weeks. But right now it’s thundering and lightening up a storm. Came out of nowhere and I’m sure it will be gone just as quickly as it arrived. I just ran out to the driveway to get something out of the truck when the downpour started. Who ever said it never rains in the desert? Well, it rarely does. BUT I felt compelled to jot down what I witnessed just now. As soon as the rain started pelting a little girl – 8 or 9 years old?—across the street ran out her front door and into her driveway. She stretched her arms out and looked up at the sky as the water poured into her face. Then she lifted her arms upward as if to catch the raindrops and thank the sky above for releasing them. And then in all her glory she looked across the street and noticed her creepy new neighbor (me) watching her and ran back inside. Can’t really blame her for that. I wasn’t intent on being lecherous, though. Just observing her spirit and really actually relating to her actions. As such I walked around the house and did not physically replicate the ritual, but I sure felt relieved and thankful for the precipitation.

No comments:

What you"re reading...

We met in 05, married in 07, and now just three months after that wedding we are going through yet another life change. We are both working for the Best Friends Animal Society, and living in Kanab. This is our story.

Check out our Flickr Photostream!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from jon_dunn. Make your own badge here.

Contributors