Thursday, July 05, 2007

Too Hot?

Oh believe me. I know it can be too hot. This may sound silly since we just moved to Kanab, but anything over a hundred it just too hot for me. Also it apparently is too hot for airplanes.




I took a five o'clock flight last night from SLC to Saint George. It was the easiest way for me to get down here since my car was already here. The flight takes about 80 minutes, and it takes about 90 to drive to St. G from Kanab. So Jaime and I essentially left at the same time.

About halfway into the flight the pilot comes on...

"Yes, ladies and gentlemen, from the flight deck. You probably won't be surprised to learn that it is hot in Saint George. And you'll notice we just took a left turn, we will be doing another, and going back to Salt Lake. It is to hot for us to land in Saint George."

I have done a lot of flying in my life, flown all across the globe, but I have never heard in my life that it is too hot to land. Apparently it's something to do with air density, or molecules or something. I was never good at science.

So I had no way to call Jaime. She was almost in St. G by the time we landed back in Salt Lake. I did make the next flight so she just had to wait for 2 1/2 hours.

2 comments:

Teandra said...

Hey, I'm a long time nightside listener! I've made that flight a lot. (My husband works at Skywest so we fly free...it's wonderful, I know!) Apparently the Brazilias are very constricted with heat and stuff like that, that's too bad though. I've gotten bumped a lot so we figure it's just easier to drive...

Jon said...

Thanks! How is the show these days?

Yeah, I think total time at the airport, and the delay it would have been quicker just to drive.

Oh well, lesson learned :D

What you"re reading...

We met in 05, married in 07, and now just three months after that wedding we are going through yet another life change. We are both working for the Best Friends Animal Society, and living in Kanab. This is our story.

Check out our Flickr Photostream!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from jon_dunn. Make your own badge here.

Contributors