Thursday, October 18, 2007

Gobble Gobble

I felt compelled to write about the turkeys. First off, check out Ted Brewer's article here. These guys are gigantic, and so majestic. There's a flock of them that have been hanging outside my office window for a few weeks now. As Ted's article references, they really do soar down to lower canyon from the ridge up here. I saw it for my own eyes about a month ago. It's quite the spectacle.

And now a word from our sponsor. Actually, I won't get on my soapbox about how we really shouldn't be factory farming them for consumption on Thanksgiving. Or how we really shouldn't be factory farming anything but I have been enjoying the company of these guys too much to cause harm to one. So while, at this juncture, I choose not to proselytize about a cruelty free Thanksgiving, I will constructively suggest an alternative. Tofurkey, anyone?

2 comments:

Lizz said...

We have them here too. Arlo can call them, it's a hoot!

Jaime said...

They ARE a hoot! And they're noisy. They make a lot of warbling chatter sounds. Very entertaining.

What you"re reading...

We met in 05, married in 07, and now just three months after that wedding we are going through yet another life change. We are both working for the Best Friends Animal Society, and living in Kanab. This is our story.

Check out our Flickr Photostream!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from jon_dunn. Make your own badge here.

Contributors