Thursday, October 25, 2007

I am alive (I think)...

The last three months of my life have been consumed by the Las Vegas Super Adoption event.

IT IS NOW OVER!

An insane amount of stress, but 332 animals with new homes.

It was an interesting week. I got to Vegas on Wednesday of last week, driving in with a toothache. Not uncommon especially in that area of my mouth because my sinus cavity apparently sits very low on that top row of teeth. So for them to hurt when I am congested is no big deal. But this is one toothache that would not go away. It just got worse, and worse and I actually thought at moments I was going to pass out from the pain.

Going to the dentist at any time is not fun, but going in a town you don't know very well is definitely not fun. So I opened the phone book and found someone who would see me.

The place was actually really nice, and the Dentist seemed competent. By this time the whole side of my head was in pain so I could not answer the question of which tooth was hurting. They ALL hurt. So he picked up the air blower and blew cold air on each tooth. As he hit the one I started to cry. He then says he thinks he knows which one is the problem, and grabs a can of liquid ice, and hits that same tooth. I then really start to cry. I chose the temporary fix which was 200 bucks, but not the full root canal I need. The appointment for that is now a week from today.

But it is good to be home, and it feels good to have helped put together a really successful event.

No comments:

What you"re reading...

We met in 05, married in 07, and now just three months after that wedding we are going through yet another life change. We are both working for the Best Friends Animal Society, and living in Kanab. This is our story.

Check out our Flickr Photostream!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from jon_dunn. Make your own badge here.

Contributors