Monday, October 08, 2007

I work out?


Apparently I work out. I didn't think I did, but what I did tonight certainly FELT like working out. I certainly hurt like I might have raised the ol' heartbeat to working out levels (although for me that means walking ten feet).




I was once in the Army. The US Army. I actually became quite healthy at a lifetime low of about 160 pounds (I say lifetime, I mean I used to weigh 160 but it was the fourth grade). I ran everyday. During my time in Korea six miles a morning was not unusual at all, and we occasionally went out for a ten mile plus.
So as you can imagine as soon as I didn't HAVE to do it, I didn't. Relaxing and sleeping in once I was no longer a soldier seemed right. Like being a completely inactive human was my duty at that time.




Then the weight gain took hold, and I have no idea anymore, but i'll bet I easily clock in at about 230.





But anyway I did play racquetball tonight. Daron and I went down to the local fitness center, which for a small town like this is pretty damn nice. I had to take an aspirin halfway through the first game because I am pretty sure I was in the midst of a myocardial infarction. I got sweaty and actually looked like some sort of jock. I mean a fat jock, but a jock all the same.




I can't say it feels good, I mean I hurt like hell. But I can say there is no reason why I shouldn't do something every now and again. Might even lose some weight.

No comments:

What you"re reading...

We met in 05, married in 07, and now just three months after that wedding we are going through yet another life change. We are both working for the Best Friends Animal Society, and living in Kanab. This is our story.

Check out our Flickr Photostream!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from jon_dunn. Make your own badge here.

Contributors