Thursday, October 11, 2007

Produce




Or shall I say, lack thereof?

Tonight I was really craving a salad. I wanted a crispy little lettuce ditty with a light balsamic dressing, maybe a little gorgonzola; a nice tomato. Not so much to ask, right? Wrong.


So I trek over to the grocery store. The produce selection was so heinous I couldn't believe it. There was not a leaf of lettuce in that place that looked appetizing, let alone edible. Not to worry, we have two -- count 'em two grocery markets here. So I went to store #2. They had a larger selection, but the condition of the greens was actually WORSE than store #1. I wandered home in disbelief and wondered, "What the hell is this?".


You'll be pleased to learn my craving was later satiated when we broke down and went out to eat at the Italian place in town. I guess lettuce is like sex, which is like air. It's not really a big deal until you can't get any.

No comments:

What you"re reading...

We met in 05, married in 07, and now just three months after that wedding we are going through yet another life change. We are both working for the Best Friends Animal Society, and living in Kanab. This is our story.

Check out our Flickr Photostream!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from jon_dunn. Make your own badge here.

Contributors