Monday, July 03, 2006

Planning I

I have to find a dress. I have looked on the web a little and found one I am in love with. And hey-- it’s only $5,000.00! (I intend to keep looking). In reality I would rather spend that kind of extra money on our reception or honeymoon. I’m pretty ok with things if I don’t get a five thousand dollar gown. Aren’t I so reasonable!? I refuse to become Bridezilla.

Actually, my biggest problem is decision-making. I am pretty indecisive over a lot of things. Some things just don’t matter to me--they're not important to me and I don’t care. I want things to go smoothly, and I know what I don't want, but.... Don’t care what the table centerpieces look like at the reception—our reception venue’s beauty stands on its own so it won’t need a lot of embellishment. Don’t care what’s on the dinner menu (but do care that it’s pleasing for all or most guests). Don’t care what color my mother wears; just want her to feel comfortable and appropriately attired. Don’t care if we have a videographer. I’m fine with good old-fashioned photographs. (Although a friend pointed out to me this weekend that she and her husband LOVE their wedding video-- they relish the fact that they are able to share their wedding experience with their children, who did not come along for some years later)… Which is a great point…which leads to more indecision on my part…..

Stay tuned for more notes on the planning process. There is much to come....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We're having kids?

Good to find out now

:P

What you"re reading...

We met in 05, married in 07, and now just three months after that wedding we are going through yet another life change. We are both working for the Best Friends Animal Society, and living in Kanab. This is our story.

Check out our Flickr Photostream!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from jon_dunn. Make your own badge here.

Contributors