Friday, July 07, 2006

Spa-aaah

I went & had a spa pedicure last night. What a treat! I haven’t had one in over a year, and not only wanted, but needed one badly. I will have to make a point to do this more often. I had never received a paraffin treatment. It was lovely! Not to mention relaxing, and reasonably priced. My skin is all the better for going, and my toes are painted a cute feminine pink. Just in time for the summer wedding we will be attending tomorrow. (Yeah for open toed sandals!!)

Tonight we will be volunteering for NMHPU at the infamous
SLC Jazz Festival downtown, along with our dear friend Julie Memmott! (See post from July 3rd). I’m looking forward to it for a number of reasons, among others: I really like Jazz, and I really like Julie. I also have not had the chance to volunteer for a while and I do miss it. Unfortunately, I see these events fitting less and less congruently into my schedule as the summer progresses. We’ll see, though. Jon’s new work schedule will change soon and he will be working late nights five days a week, leaving only weekends for us to spend time together. And while I am just fine to be on my own, I know we will want to (and try to) jam pack a week’s worth of activities into two short weekend days. Such is life, but we’ll manage.

Another cause for time consumption: I may begin taking golf lessons. Now that will be a trip!! I'm pretty good at putt-putt but besides that I've only ever played golf once in a company "tournament" (scramble) about 8 years ago, and I've been to the driving range a few times. I've been accompanying Jon and his friends on Sundays for their weekly golf game. It's really peaceful and relaxing (for me) since I'm just an observer and don't have to actually do anything. I enjoy being out doors, and spending time with him, so I may just start being able to play myself. We've mutually agreed that he won't be my instructor (we'd like to get married before we can start threatening each other with divorce). That being said I've yet to speak with a golf pro or instructor but it's "on the list".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You getting a Spa treatment means I can got get a new putter right?

Love you babe. The blog is awesome. And soon with schedule changes it may be the only way for me to keep up with your life.

:(

What you"re reading...

We met in 05, married in 07, and now just three months after that wedding we are going through yet another life change. We are both working for the Best Friends Animal Society, and living in Kanab. This is our story.

Check out our Flickr Photostream!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from jon_dunn. Make your own badge here.

Contributors