Thursday, August 02, 2007

Mission Accomplished

So, we made it up to Salt Lake last weekend. We were there for about 24 hours total. We left Kanab Saturday morning and drove the 5 hour ride to SLC and went out and had Indian food with my dad. It was pretty good. Under new ownership from when we used to go there, but it seemed all right. Afterward, we went and hung out with my dad for a bit, then went to bed. My mom was in Vegas, so this was a dad-only visit. The next morning we got up, went and got my bike from our old neighbor’s house, loaded it up into the back of the Avalanche, and then drove it home. We had no problems getting it off the truck (I was extremely worried about it). So it’s here now and I can officially continue to be the big mama biker I am at heart.

Another funny story I had to jot down. When we arrived in Salt Lake at my parents’ house, Jon and I were pretty gross from traveling so we opted to shower before going out to dinner. Reminiscing back to days in our old house where you could not shower while watering the lawn, or washing clothes in the washer, and further you had to wait an hour or so after doing laundry before being able to get warm water for a shower, I asked my dad “So, can two people shower at the same time here?”, to which my father calmly replied, “Oh, we’ve never done that here”. I asked again, “but can two people do it at the same time” and he repeated himself, “we’ve never really done that here”. I finally realized he thought I was asking him if two people could shower together in the same shower. Jon and I both laughed and said, “No, no! We just mean can two separate showers run on the water heater at one time?”. We all had a nice chuckle. I’m not sure what my dad thought we were going to do, and whatever it was I’m sure it made him feel uncomfortable so it was pretty funny once we all realized what the confusion was over.

Needless to say, no romantic interludes were had in the shower at my parent’s house but it was a pretty funny misunderstanding.

1 comment:

Jon said...

I actually did mean two in at a time in the same shower.

You didn't?

What you"re reading...

We met in 05, married in 07, and now just three months after that wedding we are going through yet another life change. We are both working for the Best Friends Animal Society, and living in Kanab. This is our story.

Check out our Flickr Photostream!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from jon_dunn. Make your own badge here.

Contributors