Tuesday, August 28, 2007

So I'm Old. So What?

So contrary to prior posts that may or may not be interpreted as morbid, I will say here (hopefully to add pics later) how great my birthday celebration was. For starters, and possibly one of the ultimate coolest gifts I’ve ever received, was a signed, numbered giclee print of a painting by local artist and BF founder Cyrus Mejia. The piece is entitled “Purple Shadow Game Time“. If you don’t know of Cyrus and his work, you should definitely check out his website. Not only is he incredibly talented, he is also an extremely personable fellow and all around nice guy.

My sweetheart had evidently been scheming and planning this gift for over a month. Made several visits to Cyrus’s workspace and gallery, trips to the art framer, and so forth. I knew he was up to some kind of surprise, but I never suspected an art piece, which makes it that much sweeter.

On Saturday before an evening out I got a cut & color at the local salon, which Jon had arranged, and he also presented me with a gift certificate for a manicure and pedicure for later this week. Yeehaw! It’s almost like we live in a real city! Except that they couldn’t get me in for the mani/pedi until a week later. (But that only prolongs the excitement, right?)

My parents called me from a weekend away in Wendover, NV where they celebrated my mom’s birthday (2 days after mine). It was a milestone birthday for her. I won’t reveal her true age for fear of torturous retribution. (And also, it isn’t polite). She isn’t ashamed of it, as well she shouldn’t be. She’ll tell you if you ask, it’s just not my place to spill the beans, so I’ll just let you ask and she can tell you.

The weekend continued with as most pleasant dinner followed by a gathering afterward where many, many beers were consumed by yours truly surrounded by friends, cards and poker chips. So many thanks to all who contributed to an awesome kick ass birthday. Especially Jennifer & Daron who generously lent us their home & backyard for the occasion. Mwah!

Postscript: I forgot to mention the CAKE. Jon had the baker at the local grocery store make me a cake in the likeness of a SOFTBALL. (Realize sick humor implicated here by reading my post from Aug. 9th). Needless to say, it was a big surprise to say the least. Also, see a few pics from the party by visiting Jen & Daron's Blog. I'm hoping to have more pics to post once they're rounded up (including pics of the cake) so stay tuned for future posts.

No comments:

What you"re reading...

We met in 05, married in 07, and now just three months after that wedding we are going through yet another life change. We are both working for the Best Friends Animal Society, and living in Kanab. This is our story.

Check out our Flickr Photostream!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from jon_dunn. Make your own badge here.

Contributors