Monday, March 03, 2008

Fitness Challenge

So I signed up for the "March Madness" eight week fitness challenge at our local gym. First prize wins a free 3 month membership to the gym. I'm already a paying member, so that's not really the goal, but I am "competing" against 20-30 other folks who are also trying to get in shape. The challenge requires that you attend 3-4 spin classes per week, plus 2-3 other cardio classes or workouts on the days you don't spin. Now I've spend a lot of time on a bike in my past, but I've never done a spin class. I'm told the instructors are pretty much sadists. I'm not looking forward to that aspect, but I'm willing to at least try. I was also warned not to be discouraged if I can't make it all the way through the class on the first go. I'm going to go ahead and wager that I'll be making an early exit. But again, the theme...trying.

Friday I went in to have my weight & measurements taken, including my body fat percentage. Let me just say it was not pretty. Actually, it was beyond ugly. So since the weather is really turning gorgeous, I decided I'm going to try & jump start into the hiking season by getting a little better fit. We'll see how long I can hang.

BTW, the guys had a great time in Mesquite this weekend. Check out Jen & Daron's blog for photos from the golf & gambling expo. Also some great pics of "the belly" as well (baby Addyson in her mama's belly).

Jen is an inspiration to me -- she has been such a healthy mom and has religiously been going to the gym. She -- and her belly -- are teaching my yogalates class tonight, so if she can go (and teach!!) I really have NO excuses for not going too.

No comments:

What you"re reading...

We met in 05, married in 07, and now just three months after that wedding we are going through yet another life change. We are both working for the Best Friends Animal Society, and living in Kanab. This is our story.

Check out our Flickr Photostream!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from jon_dunn. Make your own badge here.

Contributors