Monday, March 10, 2008

"I was thinking you're new but you're not".

Yeah, I know you’re all dying to know how it’s going. So here’s your fix. I set my alarm clock last night on a whim that I might – might-- get up at an early hour and attend an exercise class. I’m not sure how it happened, but I did. Six o’clock a.m. spin class. Which is really 5:00 a.m. with the time change and all. In my opinion the best part about exercising at such an early hour is that I’m not fully awake enough to realize the full extent of my misery. I had yet a new instructor this time, a guy. After huffing and puffing for the duration of the hour, upon dismount of my bike, the woman next to me said,

“So you’ve been on a bike before”. It was more of a statement than a question.

“Well, this is only my third class, but yeah, I’ve ridden a lot”.

“You did really well. He [instructor] is really hard. Most people don’t make it all the way through the class. I was thinking you’re new, but you’re not”.

I thanked her. Not sure if that was the appropriate response, but I guess it was a compliment. It’s also a little randomly odd that she was keeping tabs on me. I can tell you the least of my concerns during the class was the performance of her or any of my other classmates. I just didn’t want to fall off or pass out.

The rest of the day was fairly uneventful. I was pretty tired, but it was nice to get the rough stuff out of the way early.

Jon is still in Austin and is not doing so hot. He’s come down with some kind of cold/flu illness. He is pretty well through with his part of the convention but can’t get a flight home until Wednesday, so he’s more or less stuck in Austin. The irony – I would love to be stuck in Austin. He got to have dinner with my aunt & uncle last night, and even went to see my cousin’s band at a hole in the wall bar on 6th Street. I am so envious. That being said, I wish he could come home since his business there is basically done. I know it would be easier if he was feeling better – he’d definitely be down to go see some live tunes or savor some tasty cuisine. Best case scenario would be me, him, and a couple of free days to kill. But alas, I’m keeping down the fort solo and he’ll be home soon enough.

This weekend is Jen & Daron’s baby shower. Should be a lot of fun. I’m pretty sure Jen is over the whole ‘being pregnant’ thing. The other day she told me “I can’t believe that soon I’m not going to be pregnant for the rest of my life!" Better her than me.

No comments:

What you"re reading...

We met in 05, married in 07, and now just three months after that wedding we are going through yet another life change. We are both working for the Best Friends Animal Society, and living in Kanab. This is our story.

Check out our Flickr Photostream!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from jon_dunn. Make your own badge here.

Contributors